If you’re driving a commercial vehicle for only agribusiness purposes, you can get a restricted CDL without meeting the minimum training requirements.
An “agribusiness” is someone who transports the following during the normal course of business:
- Farm machinery, farm equipment, and implements of husbandry
- Farm supplies and materials
- Seed, feed, fertilizer, and crop protection products
- Unprocessed agricultural commodities
- Any combination of the above
How to apply
- Employer submits the Minimum Training Requirements Exemption Application by:
- When the application is approved, we’ll email the driver ID number to the employer.
- The employer gives the original application to the driver.
- After the driver passes the CDL knowledge and skills tests, they take the application and test results to a driver licensing office location to get their restricted CDL.
How to remove the agribusiness restriction
To remove the restriction visit a driver licensing office and show your school training certificate or employer certificate.
Questions? Need help?