Google™ Translate Limitations & Disclaimer

Agribusiness: CDL

If you're driving a commercial vehicle for only agribusiness purposes, you can get a restricted CDL without meeting the minimum training requirements.

An "agribusiness" is someone who transports the following during the normal course of business:

  • Farm machinery, farm equipment, and implements of husbandry
  • Farm supplies and materials
  • Seed, feed, fertilizer, and crop protection products
  • Unprocessed agricultural commodities
  • Any combination of the above

How to apply

  1. Employer submits the Minimum Training Requirements Exemption Application by:
  2. When the application is approved, we'll email the driver ID number to the employer.
  3. The employer gives the original application to the driver.
  4. After the driver passes the CDL knowledge and skills tests, they take the application and test results to a driver licensing office location to get their restricted CDL.

How to remove the agribusiness restriction

To remove the restriction visit a driver licensing office and show your school training certificate or employer certificate.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website