How to certify students: CDL training schools
After you’ve been approved and receive your unique school ID number, you may certify that students have successfully completed a CDL training course at your school. Students won’t need a certificate to take CDL knowledge or skills tests, but must present an original certificate when they’re issued their CDLs.
How to issue training certificates
- Complete a Commercial Driver Training School Certification. You may fill out the form online, but you can’t save it. Be sure to:
- Type the information. We can’t accept handwritten certificates.
- Place your unique school ID number in the ”School ID number“ field at the top of the certificate.
- Provide your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number.
- Indicate the class of vehicle the student has completed training in.
- Print the typed, completed form on white paper, sign it, and give it to the student. The student will need the original certificate to present to a driver licensing office when he or she is issued a CDL. We can’t accept photocopied, faxed, emailed, or handwritten certificates from the student.
- Keep a copy of the completed, signed certificate for your records.
Required monthly report
By the 5th of each month, all approved CDL training schools must email the names of all the students they certified for the previous month to the CDL Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or need help filling out a form, please contact us at email@example.com or 360.902.3619.