How to certify students: CDL training schools
When you get your school ID number, you can begin to certify students who successfully complete your CDL training course. A certificate is not required to take the CDL tests, but when their CDL is issued they must show the original certificate.
When you issue a training certificate
- Complete the certificate online: Commercial Driver Training School Certification. Type the information. We can’t accept handwritten certificates. Don't forget to:
- Include your school ID number,
- Your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number, or
- Indicate the class of vehicle the student has completed training in.
- Print the certificate on white paper, sign it, and give it to the student. They’ll need to show the original when they’re issued a CDL at a driver licensing office location.
- Keep a copy of the signed certificate for your records.
Required monthly report
By the 5th of each month, CDL training schools must email the names of all students they certified for the previous month to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Need help?