Google™ Translate Limitations & Disclaimer

Due to flooding, the Everett Driver Licensing Services Office is closed. We'll update this message when we have a reopening date. In the meantime, customers are encouraged to access our online services or visit these nearby offices: Smokey Point, Lynnwood, and Shoreline.

Transfer your CDL from another state


  1. Complete any required testing.
  2. Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency, see changes to commercial driver licensing.
  3. Complete the self-certification. If required, bring the CDL medical documents you'll need depending on the type of certification.
  4. If you surrender your out-of-state CDL and only get a Washington driver license to get a CDL, you'll be required to meet all CDL requirements. See steps to getting your CDL.
  5. Pay the fees.

Make sure you verify that your temporary document has been transferred correctly. If you have questions, please ask us.


You don't need to test or show your training certificate when you transfer a valid CDL except when you want to:

  • Maintain the hazardous materials endorsement (HME): Pay fees and pass the HME knowledge test.
  • Upgrade, add endorsements, or remove restrictions: Pay fees and pass a knowledge and drive test.

Questions? Need help?

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website