Types of CDLs
Types of vehicles that can be driven with each class of CDL
Commercial vehicles are divided into 3 size classes: A, B, and C.
||What you can drive|
- Single or combination vehicles of any size.
- Single vehicles of any size.
- Vehicles towing a trailer with a weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less.
- Any vehicles listed under Class C, if properly endorsed.
- Vehicles carrying 16 or more persons including the driver.*
- Vehicles carrying hazardous materials with a weight rating of 26,001 pounds or less.*
* Requires a special endorsement
You may also need a special endorsement if you will:
- Carry passengers.
- Haul hazardous materials.
- Drive double-trailer, triple-trailer, or tank vehicles.