Change your gender designation: EDL/EID
If you would like to change the gender designation on your enhanced driver license (EDL) or enhanced ID card (EID) to accurately reflect your identity:
- Complete a Change of Gender Designation Request:
- You must fill out the “Applicant” section of the form.
- Your licensed medical physician, osteopathic physician, or psychologist must fill out the “Physician” section of the form.
- Mail all of the following to the address on the form:
- The completed form.
- A photocopy of your valid Washington driver license or ID card.
- If we approve your request, we’ll send you a letter authorizing you to get a new license permit, or ID card:
- Online, and pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards not accepted).
- At a driver licensing office. Bring along all of the following:
- The authorization letter we sent you.
- Your current Washington driver license or ID card.
- The $10 fee. You may pay with:
- MasterCard and American Express credit or debit cards, and some Visa debit cards.
- Credit and debit cards not accepted at Coulee Dam, Davenport, Friday Harbor, Forks, Goldendale, Newport, Republic, or South Bend.
- A vendor-charged convenience fee is added to all transactions paid with a debit or credit card at driver licensing offices.