Pre-apply – your first steps to getting your first driver license, instruction permit, or ID card.
Pre-applying saves you time in our office — you’ll get a confirmation ID. Print and bring the confirmation ID with you when you visit our office. We’ll use it to pull up and finish your application.
Who can pre-apply?
You can, if you:
- Have a Washington (WA) residence street address and
- Are getting your first WA:
- Driver license,
- ID card,
- Instruction permit, or
- Enhanced driver license/ID card (EDL/EID).
Who can’t pre-apply?
You can’t, if you:
- Don’t have a WA residence street address or have other address issues. Visit an office location to apply.
- Have or have had a WA driver license, instruction permit, or ID card. Visit an office location to apply.
- Are upgrading your license or ID card to an EDL or EID. Visit an EDL/EID office location to apply.
Questions? Need help?