Pre-apply online to start the process of getting your first license, instruction permit, or ID card.
Why pre-apply online?
You’ll save time at the driver licensing office. When you go to the office, bring the confirmation ID you’ll get when you pre-apply. We’ll need that to pull up and finalize your information.
Who can pre-apply?
You can, if you:
- Have a Washington residence street address, and
- Are getting your first Washington:
Who can’t pre-apply?
You can’t, if you:
- Don’t have a Washington residence street address or have other special address issues. Apply at a driver licensing office.
- Currently have or have had a Washington driver license, instruction permit, or ID card. Apply at a driver licensing office.
- Are upgrading your license or ID card to an EDL or EID. Apply at a EDL/EID office.