Pre-apply – our online process of getting your first license, instruction permit, or ID card.
Pre-applying saves you time in our office. At the end you’ll get a confirmation ID. Print and bring the confirmation ID with you when you visit our office. We’ll use it to pull up and finish your application.
Who can pre-apply?
You can, if you:
- Have a Washington residence street address, and
- Are getting your first Washington:
- Driver license
- ID card
- Instruction permit
- Enhanced driver license/ID card (EDL/EID)
Who can’t pre-apply?
You can’t, if you:
- Don’t have a Washington residence street address or have other address issues. Apply at a driver licensing office.
- Have or have had a Washington driver license, instruction permit, or ID card. Apply at a driver licensing office.
- Are upgrading your license or ID card to an EDL or EID. Apply at a EDL/EID office.