Replace your driver license while out of state
If your driver license is lost or stolen while you’re out of Washington State:
- You can replace it by mail if:
- Your license is in good standing (not suspended, revoked, surrendered, or cancelled).
- You won’t be back in Washington within 30 days.
- You can’t replace it by mail if:
- You have an enhanced driver license (EDL).
- You have a commercial driver license (CDL).
- Your license is suspended, revoked, surrendered, or canceled.
- You don’t have a valid Social Security number on file with us.
Your replacement license:
- Expires on the same date as your lost or stolen license.
- Includes your motorcycle endorsement, if applicable.
How to replace your license by mail
- Send us all of the following:
- Mail the completed form and fee to:
Department of Licensing
646 Okoma Dr Ste E
Omak WA 98841
To learn how to replace your driver license if you’re serving in the military outside of Washington State, see Military personnel.
Frequently asked questions
My name has changed. Can I update it by mail?
You can’t change the name on your license by mail. Washington law requires drivers who want to change the name on their license to apply for a new one at a driver licensing office. However, you can still request a replacement license by mail and it will show the name currently on your license.
Questions? Need help?
Call 360.902.3900 or email: email@example.com.