Driver License Change of Address
How to change the address on your driver license or ID card
You must report your new address to us within 10 days after moving. If you already have a Washington State driver license or ID card, you may change your address:
- The address on your driving record will be updated at no charge.
- If you want a new license or ID card with your updated address, you can order one for an additional fee and pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express debit or credit card.
- By mail: Complete a Driver License Change of Address form, print it on white paper, and mail it to any driver licensing office.
- We’ll update the address on your driving record at no charge.
- You won’t receive a new license or ID card. Instead, please write your new address in the blank space on the back of your current license or ID card using permanent ink.
- In person at a driver licensing office.
- There’s an additional fee if you want a new license or ID card that shows your updated address. You may pay with:
- MasterCard and American Express credit or debit cards, and some Visa debit cards.
- Credit and debit cards not accepted at Coulee Dam, Davenport, Friday Harbor, Forks, Goldendale, Newport, Republic, or South Bend.
- A vendor-charged convenience fee is added to all transactions paid with a debit or credit card at driver licensing offices.
Don’t forget your vehicle registration
You may also need to change the address on your vehicle registration. Updating your address on your driver license doesn’t automatically change your address on your vehicle registration.