Commercial Driver Training School Certification
The Commercial Driver Training School Certification form is used only by approved CDL training schools to certify that a student has successfully completed a commercial driver training course. Students won’t need certification to take CDL knowledge or skills tests, but must present an original certificate when they are issued their CDLs.
Course approval required
Before you can certify students, we must approve your CDL training course outline and curriculum, and issue your school a unique ID number.
- To learn how to get course approval and a school ID number, see How to become an approved CDL training school.
- If your school hasn’t submitted a course outline and curriculum to us yet, call the CDL Program at 360.902.3619 for further instructions.
Note: You may fill out this form online, but you can’t save it.
- Provide all requested information on the form. Be sure to:
- Place your unique school ID number in the “School ID number” field at the top of the certificate.
- Provide your Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number.
- Indicate the class of vehicle the student has completed training in.
- Print the completed form on white paper, sign it, and give it to the student.
- The student will need the original certificate to present to a driver licensing office when he or she is issued a CDL. We can’t accept photocopies, faxes, or emails of this certificate.
- Keep a copy of the completed, signed certificate for your records.
If you have questions or need help filling out this form, please contact the CDL Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.902.3619.