Vehicles & Boats

For Central Washington wildfire victims

We’re offering services to replace lost driver license or ID cards, and provide vehicle and vessel documentation for individuals affected by the wildfires.

Read more about these services.

How to renew your tabs

Renew your tabs | Emissions testing | Fees, taxes, and donations

Register your vehicle

Moving? Get WA plates | Transfer ownership into your name | Off-road vehicles | … more on registering a vehicle

Change your name or address

Change your address | Change your name

Buying or selling a vehicle

Report of sale | Tips for buying a vehicle | Use tax | … more on buying or selling a vehicle

Lost tabs, plates, or titles

Replace your vehicle tabs | Replace your license plates | Replace a title | … more on replacing lost documents

License plates

Get new license plates | Transfer plates to another vehicle | Special plates | … more on license plates


Transfer ownership into your name | Salvaged, abandoned, or contaminated vehicles | Custom inspections | … more on titles

Fees, taxes, and donations

Fees | RTA tax | Local transportation benefit district fees | … more fees, taxes, and donations

For military personnel

Nonresidents stationed in Washington | WA residents stationed outside the state | Temporary permits | Tax exemptions

Disabled parking

Who is eligible? | Get or renew your disabled parking | Using disabled parking

Commercial vehicles

DOT numbers | IRP (Prorate) | Fleets | … more on commercial vehicles

Fuel tax

Fuel licenses | Dyed diesel | Prorate and fuel tax offices | … more on fuel tax


Register a boat | Renew your boat registration | Report the sale of a boat | … more on boats

Vehicle and boat licensing offices

Office locations and hours | Quick Title offices | How to become a licensing subagent

See also:

Washington Healthcare Finder
Access Washington