Customs inspections: Vehicles & boats
- Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
- Vehicle and vessel online services won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
- On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
- In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.
Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (licensingexpress.wordpress.com).
If you import a vehicle or boat from a foreign country and want to register it in Washington:
- It must clear U.S. customs.
- You must have U.S. customs or Department of Defense documents. These must:
- Include the year, make, and VIN of the vehicle or HIN of the boat.
- Be from U.S. Customs, not from a brokerage or foreign customs office.
- Be signed and stamped by Customs.
If you licensed a vehicle or boat in a foreign country while you were on active duty, submit the Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) when you license it in Washington.