Customs inspections: Vehicles & boats

If you import a vehicle or boat to the United States from a foreign location, and want to register it in Washington:

  • The vehicle must clear U.S. customs.
  • and
  • You must have customs documents or Department of Defense forms. These documents must:
    • Include the year, make, and VIN of the vehicle.
    • Be from U.S. Customs, not from a brokerage or foreign customs office.
    • Be signed and stamped by Customs.

Military personnel

If you licensed a vehicle or boat in a foreign country while you were on active military duty, you must also submit the Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) when you license it in Washington.

See also:

Washington Healthcare Finder
Access Washington – official state government website