How to get your license and decals: IFTA
- Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
- Vehicle and vessel online services won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
- On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
- In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.
Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (licensingexpress.wordpress.com).
The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement among all states and Canadian provinces (except Alaska, Hawaii, Yukon, and Northwest Territories) that standardizes the reporting of fuel use taxes by motor carriers operating in more than 1 state or province.
You qualify for an IFTA license if you operate:
- Commercial vehicles over 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight in 2 or more states or provinces.
- Vehicles with 3 or more axles regardless of weight.
- A combination of vehicles that weigh more than a total of 26,000 pounds gross vehicle or registered gross vehicle weight (doesn’t include recreational vehicles).
How to apply for an IFTA license
- Review the New IFTA Member welcome packet for detailed information on filling out your application.
- Complete an application and mail it with your supporting documents and required fees to the address on the form. You can get an application:
How to get decals
Complete a Washington IFTA Decal Application and mail it with your payment to the address on the form.
|Washington IFTA license
||$10 per set
How to change your address
To update your IFTA account or service bureau address, mail a completed IFTA Change of Address with any required attachments to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9228
Olympia, WA 98507-9228
Questions? Need help?
Call us: 360.664.1858