IFTA tax returns
How to file a return
You must submit your return even if no payment is due.
- Complete an International Fuel Tax Agreement Tax Return form.
- Remember to sign and date your return.
- When you’re done, send it to us as described in Step 2.
Use the online system to complete a return.
- Before you can use the online system, you’ll need to apply for access by sending us all of the following:
- After we process your application, we’ll send you a password and instructions on how to access and use the online system.
- Once you get your password, you can fill out your return online. The system will complete all the calculations to determine your tax liability or credit.
- When you’re done, print a copy of the return, sign it, and send it to us as described below.
- Send us your completed return:
For more information about completing your return, see IFTA Tax Return Information and Instructions.
How to request copies of your return
To get copies of IFTA tax returns you’ve submitted:
- Complete an IFTA Information Release Request.
- Service bureaus: Provide a copy of the Power of Attorney signed by your client along with the completed form.
- Send us the completed form and any necessary supporting documents:
- We’ll send you the information within 5 business days.
How to get the tax rate schedule
To get a copy of the IFTA tax rate schedule for all states:
Note: Please allow 5 business days for us to process your request.