DOT numbers: Interstate commercial vehicles
- Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
- Vehicle and vessel online services won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
- On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
- In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.
Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (licensingexpress.wordpress.com).
If you operate a commercial vehicle across state lines, you must have a United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) number.
How to apply for a DOT number
To get a USDOT number, submit the following completed forms to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA):
- Motor Carrier Identification Report (MCS-150).
- Safety Certification Application (MCS-150A).
How to get a copy of the forms