Replace your vehicle tabs

Important information

  • Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
  • Some vehicle and vessel online services, like tab renewal, won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
  • On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
  • In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.

Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (

If your tabs were lost, stolen, or damaged…

You can replace them by submitting a Affidavit of Loss form:

  • All registered owners must sign the form in front of a notary public or licensing agent at any vehicle licensing office.
  • Include check/money order for $9.25 payable to: Department of Licensing.
  • Mail or bring the form and payment to any office.
  • The tabs will be mailed the next business day.

If your tabs were lost in the mail…

If you didn’t receive the vehicle tabs you purchased, contact a licensing office. We may be able to send a replacement, at no cost, if you meet these requirements:

  • We verify that we issued the tabs, but you haven’t received them within 15–90 days.
  • We have your current mailing address.

Return the original tabs to any vehicle licensing office, if they’re ever found.

Find a vehicle licensing office.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website