Replace lost or damaged tabs
Lost, stolen, or damaged tabs
To replace your vehicle tabs if they’re lost, stolen, or damaged:
- Complete an Affidavit of Loss form. All registered owners must sign the form, and the signatures must be notarized.
- Submit the completed form:
- Your duplicate tabs will be mailed to you in 8-10 weeks.
Tabs lost in the mail
If you paid for vehicle tabs and didn’t receive them in the mail in 15–90 days, contact a vehicle licensing office. You may be able to get replacement tabs at no cost if all of these requirements are met:
- We verify that we issued the tabs.
- The tabs were mailed to you, but you haven’t received them.
- You provided a current address for mailing the tabs.
- The tabs have been in the mail at least 15 calendar days, but no more than 90 calendar days since the date you renewed them.
The reissued tabs will replace the ones that you didn’t receive in the mail. You must return the original tabs to us if they are ever found.