Replace your vehicle tabs
- Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
- Some vehicle and vessel online services, like tab renewal, won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
- On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
- In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.
Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (licensingexpress.wordpress.com).
If your tabs were lost, stolen, or damaged…
You can replace them by submitting a Affidavit of Loss form:
- All registered owners must sign the form in front of a notary public or licensing agent at any vehicle licensing office.
- Include check/money order for $9.25 payable to: Department of Licensing.
- Mail or bring the form and payment to any office.
- The tabs will be mailed the next business day.
If your tabs were lost in the mail…
If you didn’t receive the vehicle tabs you purchased, contact a licensing office. We may be able to send a replacement, at no cost, if you meet these requirements:
- We verify that we issued the tabs, but you haven’t received them within 15–90 days.
- We have your current mailing address.
Return the original tabs to any vehicle licensing office, if they’re ever found.
Find a vehicle licensing office.
Questions? Need help?