Professional Firefighter plates
To get Professional Firefighter plates, you must be:
- A registered owner of a vehicle, trailer, or motorcycle in Washington.
- A member of the Washington State Council of Firefighters as 1 of the following:
- Professional firefighter.
How to apply
- Get a signed letter from the Washington State Council of Firefighters (WSCFF) certifying that you are a current member.
- Complete a Special License Plate Application.
- Contact your local vehicle licensing office to determine the exact cost of your plates, including all licensing and service fees.
- Submit your completed application, the letter from the WSCFF, and fees:
How to renew
You must get an updated letter certifying your current membership with the Washington State Council of Firefighters each time you renew.
To renew, present your letter from the WSCFF, pay all licensing fees plus $30, and:
- Renew in person at a vehicle licensing office. (An additional service fee may apply.)
- Renew by mail by following the instructions on your vehicle renewal notice.
Personalize your plates
For an additional fee, you may get personalized plates with a firefighter background design. For more information, see Personalized plates with a special background design.