Professional fire fighters license plates

Professional Firefighter plates

Important information

  • Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
  • Vehicle and vessel online services won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
  • On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
  • In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.

Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (


  1. What you need to do to qualify.
  2. Find out the initial cost for plates.
  3. Submit your application and payment.
  4. Update your Good-to-Go! account, if you have one.
  5. Renew your plates yearly

1. What you need to do to qualify

You must be a WA state vehicle owner and show proof* that you’re a member of the WA State Council of Firefighters (WSCFF) as 1 of the following:

  • Professional firefighter
  • Paramedic

*Get a signed letter from the WSCFF that shows you’re a current member.

2. Find out the initial cost for plates

If you want your special design plates:

  • To get the next available number, continue to step 3. Submit your proof, payment and application.
  • To be personalized, see Get personalized plates.

Initial cost for plates with the next available number. Yearly plate renewal fees will apply.

Vehicle type Fee
Passenger/truck $72.75
Motorcycle $54.75
Trailer $60.75

Initial cost for personalized plates. Yearly plate renewal fees will apply.

Vehicle type Fee
Passenger/truck $124.75
Motorcycle $106.75
Trailer $112.75

Save money. If your tabs expire in 6 months or less, save money by getting your new plates and tabs at the same time.

Note: $28 of fees go to support Washington State Council of Fire Fighters Benevolent Fund (

3. Submit your proof and payment with the application

Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost of your plates.

Mail the WSCFF letter and payment with the Specialty License Plate Application.

Take or mail to any vehicle licensing office.

4. Update your Good To Go! account

If you have an account, update it with your new plates:

5. Renew your plates yearly

You must renew your plates every year, even if you’re not using the vehicle. If you have personalized plates, see Renew your personalized plates every year.


Contact us

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website