Keep Kids Safe plates
- Any Washington State vehicle owner can buy Keep Kids Safe license plates.
- These plates may be transferred from vehicle to vehicle as long as the registered owner remains the same.
How to apply
- Complete a Special License Plate Application.
- Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out how much your plates will cost, including all licensing and service fees.
- Submit your completed application and fees:
If you want to personalize your plates
You may get personalized plates with a Keep Kids Safe background design for an additional $52. For details and how to apply, see Personalized plates with a special background design.
Remember to update your Good To Go! account
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the license plate number and contact information on your account if you get a new special plate. You can update your account with the Department of Transportation:
How to renew
There are no special requirements for renewing Keep Kids Safe license plates. You can:
To get original plates:
- Cars and trucks: $72.75
- Motorcycles: $54.75
- Trailers: $60.75
$30 special plate fee plus your tab renewal fees (Tab renewal fees vary by location and type of vehicle.)
- $33 of fees go to support Strengthening Families Washington.
- Fees listed don’t include the cost of vehicle registration or tab renewal. Some offices may charge an additional service fee.