Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS) plates
- Vehicle and vessel licensing offices can’t perform transactions on Saturday, December 10.
- Some vehicle and vessel online services, like tab renewal, won’t be available December 7-12 while we update our system.
- On December 12, 2016, we’ll begin using a new vehicle and vessel computer system.
- In the days following the launch of our new system, you may experience longer than usual wait times.
Learn more: DOL vehicle licensing system will be down on December 10 for system replacement (licensingexpress.wordpress.com).
- What you need to do to qualify.
- Find out the cost for plates.
- Submit your documentation, application and payment.
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if you have one.
- Renewing your plates
1. What you need to do to qualify
This plate is available to you if you’re a WA state vehicle owner and have an Affiliate Radio License authorized by Department of Defense.
2. Find out the cost for plates.
Save money. If your tabs expire in 6 months or less, save money by getting your new plates and tabs at the same time.
3. Submit your documentation, application and payment
Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost of your plates.
Mail a copy of your Affiliate Radio License, Military License Plate Application and payment.
4. Update your Good To Go! account
If you have an account, update it with your new plates:
5. Renewing your plates
There’s no yearly plate fee for MARS plates, but you’ll need to renew the vehicle registration and tabs every year.