Armed Forces plates
There are 6 types of armed forces license plates:
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- National Guard
To qualify for armed forces license plates, you must be:
- A Washington State resident.
- At least 1 of the following:
- A veteran
- An active duty military employee
- A reservist
- A member of the Washington National Guard
- The spouse of deceased veteran
- A family member of a qualifying veteran as described above
How to apply
- Provide a copy of your DD214, discharge papers, military identification, or a Declaration of Fact (found on the Military License Plate Application) attesting to your eligibility for the license plates.
- Complete a Military License Plate Application.
- Contact your vehicle licensing office to determine the exact cost of your armed forces plates, including all licensing and service fees.
- Submit your completed application, a copy of your military papers, and fees:
How to renew
There are no special requirements for renewing armed forces plates. To renew, pay all licensing fees and:
Personalize your plates
For an additional fee, you may get personalized plates with an armed forces background design. For more information, see Personalized plates with a special background design.