Medal of Honor plates
If you’re a Washington resident who has received the Medal of Honor:
- You may get up to 3 license plates for 3 vehicles at no charge.
- You may chose either the Medal of Honor plate(s) or the standard mountain background plate(s).
- You must submit proof from the Department of Veterans Affairs that you’ve received the Medal of Honor.
How to apply
- Get a letter of eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs verifying that you’ve received the Medal of Honor.
- Complete a Military License Plate Application.
- Mail the application and letter of eligibility to:
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9043
Olympia, WA 98507-8500
Remember to update your Good To Go! account
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the license plate number and contact information on your account. You can update with the Department of Transportation:
How to renew
You aren’t required to renew your Medal of Honor plates.
There is no fee for Medal of Honor plates and tabs.