The owner of a qualifying rideshare vehicle may be exempt from sales and use tax. To receive a sales/use tax exemption, vans must:
- Have a seating capacity of 15 or less.
- Must be used regularly as a ride-sharing vehicle to transport:
- 7 or more persons including the driver.
- 5 or more persons including the driver, as long as at least 3 are confined to a wheelchair while riding.
How to apply
- Complete a Rideshare Plate Application and Rider List form.
- Contact your local licensing office to determine the exact cost of your plates, including all licensing and service fees.
- Submit your completed application and fees:
How to renew
To renew, complete a Rideshare Plate Application and Rider List form, pay all licensing fees, and:
- Renew in person at a vehicle licensing office. (An additional service fee may apply.)
- Renew by mail, following the instructions on your vehicle renewal notice.