Volunteer Firefighter plates
To get Volunteer Firefighter plates, you must:
- Be the registered owner of a vehicle, trailer, or motorcycle in Washington.
- Be a volunteer firefighter:
- Currently serving for at least 1 year.
- Previously having served for at least 10 years.
How to apply
- Provide documentation that you serve as a volunteer firefighter by:
- Complete a Special License Plate Application.
- Contact your local vehicle licensing office to determine the exact cost of your plates, including all licensing and service fees.
- Submit your completed application, documentation from your fire district, and fees:
How to renew
To renew, pay all licensing fees plus $30, and:
- Renew in person at a vehicle licensing office. (An additional service fee may apply.)
- Renew by mail by following the instructions on your vehicle renewal notice.
Personalize your plates
For an additional fee, you may get personalized plates with a Volunteer Firefighter background design. For more information, see Personalized plates with a special background design.