Statistics at a Glance
Every working day, week, and year, we're serving Washington residents.
Every working day, we:
- Issue nearly 1,200 original driver licenses and over 3,500 driver license renewals.
- Issue or replace nearly 6,700 license plates.
- Renew the registration of over 24,700 vehicles.
- Process nearly 3,200 original vehicle titles.
- Respond to over 2,500 phone calls and nearly 500 emails from customers about vehicle and driver licensing.
- Process over 3,200 address changes for driver licenses including over 1,200 online.
Every week, we:
- Sell nearly 4,700 driving records, and send over 528,000 notifications to customers about changes to monitored driving records.
- Issue nearly 2,400 original enhanced driver licenses.
- Process over 48,400 driver license, ID card, and tab renewals over the internet.
- Record over 4,400 driver license suspensions, revocations, cancellations, and disqualifications.
- Process over 19,800 traffic violations and accident reports.
- Receive over 28,000 professional license status searches over the internet.
- Receive over 1,700 Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings, and support nearly 5,800 UCC searches.
Every year, we:
- Collect over 2.8 billion in gross revenue.
- Issue over 7 million vehicle tab renewal notices, including over 736,000 by email.
- Collect over 1.8 billion in fuel tax revenue.
- Issue or update over 69,000 vessel titles.
- Register nearly 194,000 vessels.
- Manage nearly 297,000 professional licenses for individuals and businesses.
- Issue nearly 8,400 ignition interlock & occupational restricted licenses (hardship licenses).
- Issue, replace, or renew over 19,700 special design license plates and over 11,500 personalized plates.
- Process over 8,700 driver hearings and interviews.
- Process nearly 331,000 destroyed vehicle reports over the internet.
- Issue or renew over 250,000 permanent and temporary disabled parking placards.
- Support over 2 million firearms database inquiries from law enforcement.
- Issue nearly 30,800 professional licenses to individuals and businesses, and renew over 116,000.