Appointments required for in-person driver licensing
This is due to health and safety measures in our continued response to COVID-19. The recently announced statewide furloughs are also affecting our services. Appointments are only for services you can't get online, by phone, or by mail.
Please try our online services first, before requesting an appointment. Thank you for your patience.
We are opening some driver licensing service offices to offer appointments for:
- Commercial driver knowledge tests
- Commercial driver license (CDL) and commercial learner permit (CLP)
- First-time driver license, including knowledge and skills testing (where offered)
- First-time identification card
- Enhanced driver license (EDL) and enhanced ID (EID)
- Instruction permit
- Agricultural permit, including knowledge and skills testing (where offered)
- Reinstatement, including knowledge and skills testing (where offered)
- Occupational restricted license
- Driver training school instructor test
- Name changes for driver license/ID
These are the only services currently provided at these locations.
- Federal Way
- Moses Lake
- Mount Vernon
- Port Angeles
- Port Townsend
- Seattle Downtown
- Smokey Point
- Spokane Valley
- Union Gap
- Vancouver East
- Vancouver North
- West Seattle
- White Salmon
More locations opening in the future. Check back for more details.
You must make an appointment for us to let you into the driver licensing office.
We will only allow those with appointments into the office. If you need to bring a translator, caregiver, or dependent, please specify that when you make an appointment.
A limited number of appointments are available each day. This is to ensure both you and our staff are as safe as possible. Our scheduling system will start by offering you the first available appointment.
You can only schedule appointments 30 days out. A small number of appointments open up daily. There is no specific time to check, as we make adjustments to the system throughout the day.
Our call center can help if you're having difficulty navigating our scheduling system. They can't edit or move an appointment once you make it. If you need a different appointment, you'll need to cancel your existing one and start over.
- Choose a service option from the “I want to” menu.
- You can book an appointment up to 30 days in the future.
Added measures for health and safety
We have added health and safety protocols to keep you and our staff safe:
- Please cancel your appointment if you:
- Are feeling ill.
- Suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- You are required to wear a face covering. It should cover your nose and mouth during your visit. Please bring your own — we cannot provide one to you. Coverings can include:
- Surgical masks.
- You must wash your hands when you arrive at the office.
- We will give you a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire.
- Please practice social distancing and wait for instructions before approaching the counter.
Thank you for your patience as we try this new approach. Our added measures come from guidance from the Governor’s Office, Labor and Industries, and Department of Health.