Please try our online services before scheduling an appointment.
Schedule an appointment
- You can schedule up to 30 days in advance.
- A limited number of appointments open up each day, and as cancellations happen.
- Appointments are for services you can't do online, by phone, or by mail.
- If you’re having trouble with our scheduling system our customer service center can help you at 360.902.3900 (TTY: Call 711). They can't edit or move your appointment. If you need to reschedule, you'll need to cancel your existing one and start over.
Some driver licensing offices offer appointments, but they’re limited to:
- Driver licenses and ID cards
- Enhanced driver license (EDL) and enhanced ID (EID)
- Name changes for driver license and ID cards
- Knowledge and skills testing, where offered
- First-time Washington driver license, including teens, adults, and those moving to Washington. Pre-apply online before making an appointment.
- First-time identification card. Pre-apply online before making an appointment.
- Occupational restricted license
- Commercial driver licenses (CDL)
- Commercial driver knowledge tests
- Commercial driver license (CDL) and commercial learner permit (CLP)
- Driver training school instructor test
Check if an office near you is open for appointments, and what services they offer.
Keeping you safe
Your safety is important to us. We’ve updated our protocols to keep you and our staff safe. Please:
- Do not come in for an appointment if you are feeling ill or suspect you were exposed to COVID-19. Reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Consider wearing a mask while visiting our office.
- Sanitize your hands when you arrive at the office.
- Practice social distancing and wait for instructions before approaching the counter.
- Let us know when you make an appointment if you need to bring a translator, caregiver, or dependent. You may not bring any other guests.
Thank you for your patience during these difficult times. Our added measures come from guidance from the Governor’s Office, Labor and Industries, and Department of Health.