Online filing and searches: UCC
The easiest way to file a financing statement or search UCC records is online. Just follow the directions to fill out the form, pay with a credit card, and print your acknowledgement or search report.
Start an online filing or search.
When to choose this option
- If you file infrequently.
- If you are unsure if or how a name was filed.
- If you want to search by secured party name.
- If you don't know the file number.
- If you store data in a way that does not lend itself to output by XML (for example, you store paper or microfilm copies of the data).
- If you don't have a system to hold the data where it can be exported.
- Immediate filing. Since your electronic filing is processed when you submit it, wait time is eliminated and your filing position is assigned immediately.
- Free and immediate search results. You can also order copies for a fee.
- Automated payments. Fees are calculated automatically and you may pay with a credit card.
- No postage.
- No upfront investment. As long as you have access to the Internet, there is no development cost.
- No rejects. The site notifies you when you have not met the minimum filing requirements, and will not let you proceed until the information is provided.
Data entry is required. If you already have to put the information in your system, online filing requires you to enter the data a second time. However, this can be eliminated by business–to–government filing.
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card
- Electronic funds transfer