Theatrical wrestling school
Who needs a license?
Any facility that offers training in theatrical wrestling which is defined as the performance of sports entertainment in which:
- 2 or more participants work together in a performance of mock combat in a ring for the purpose of entertainment;
- The outcome is predetermined; or
- The participants do not necessarily strive to win.
A theatrical wrestling school:
- May hold wrestling events for training purposes at the school facility
- May hold a limited number of wrestling events for training purposes off the school premises
- May charge an event admission fee without a promoter license
- Must feature at least 80% amateur participants at any wrestling event held by the school
You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an established place of business that offers training in theatrical wrestling.
- Have an active business license through the Department of Revenue.
If you change your location or ownership, you must apply for a new license.
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
How to apply
You can file online or by mail.
Apply and pay by mail.
Send the following:
- Completed Theatrical Wrestling School License Application/Renewal.
- Check or money order for the fee - payable to Department of Licensing
PO Box 9026
Olympia, WA 98507