Our website is getting a new look! Coming Summer 2023 – stay tuned!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Theatrical wrestling school

Who needs a license?

Any facility that offers training in theatrical wrestling which is defined as the performance of sports entertainment in which:

  • 2 or more participants work together in a performance of mock combat in a ring for the purpose of entertainment;
  • The outcome is predetermined; or
  • The participants do not necessarily strive to win.

A theatrical wrestling school:

  • May hold wrestling events for training purposes at the school facility
  • May hold a limited number of wrestling events for training purposes off the school premises
  • May charge an event admission fee without a promoter license
  • Must feature at least 80% amateur participants at any wrestling event held by the school

Licensing requirements

You must be at least 18 years of age.

  • Have an established place of business that offers training in theatrical wrestling.
  • Have an active business license through the Department of Revenue.

If you change your location or ownership, you must apply for a new license.

What you'll need

  • A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.

How to apply

You can file online or by mail.


File online

By mail

Apply and pay by mail.

Send the following:

Mail to:

Department of Licensing
PO Box 9026
Olympia, WA 98507

Questions? Need help?

Chatbot icon