How to get your license: Bail bond agency/branch office
Who needs a license?
Anyone who offers bail bond services.
All company owners, partners, or agents must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Have no convictions in the past 10 years that directly relate to your ability to perform your duties or hinder public safety.
- Have a physical business location in Washington State.
- Have a valid business license with Department of Revenue.
If your agency is a corporation you must have:
- A copy of articles of incorporation.
- A list of officers, departments, and their addresses.
What you'll need
- A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
- Copies of your bond documents.
- Written certifications from previous employers if applying using experience.
How to apply
- Prepare your documents for upload:
- Copies of bond documents
- Written certifications if using experience
- Create or use your SAW account to apply and pay your fees online.
Apply by mail
Send the following:
- Completed Bail Bond Agency/Branch Office License Application
- Written certifications, if using experience
- If you don't provide proof, you'll be scheduled for an exam within 3 weeks after we've received your paid application.
- $10,000 surety bond
- Check or money order for the application fee (payable to the Department of Licensing)
- If you write property bonds:
- Court names that have given approval for the placing of property bonds
- If you write surety bail bonds:
- The name and address of the surety
- The attorney in fact
- The name that the build-up fund is in
Bail Bond Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
For veterans, military personnel, and partners
Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. For more information visit military assistance.
If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. For more information, visit Get paid back for test fees.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.6611