How to get your license: Bail bond agent
We expect a processing delay for mailed applications and renewals. Renew or apply online for faster processing of your license. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
All bail bond agents must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be employed by, or have a job offer from, a licensed bail bond agency.
- Have no convictions in the past 10 years that directly relate to the ability to perform the duties of a bail bond agent or that hinder public safety.
- Complete the training requirements.
- Pass a written exam or have 12 hours of pre-license training as described in .
- Have an active Surety Producer License issued through the Office of Insurance Commissioner with all affiliations up to date if posting surety bonds.
- If only posting property bonds:
- Have a list of the names of each court that has given approval for the placing of property bonds.
What you'll need
A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
How to apply
Apply onlineApply online
Apply by mail
Send the following:
- Bail Bond Agent License Application.
- Surety insurance information
- A check or money order for the application fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
Bail Bond Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401