How to get your license: Bail bond agent
All bail bond agents must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a United States citizen or resident alien.
- Be employed by, or have a job offer from, a licensed bail bond agency.
- Have no convictions in the past 10 years that directly relate to the ability to perform the duties of a bail bond agent or that hinder public safety.
- Complete the training requirements.
- Pass a written exam or have 12 hours of pre-license training as described in WAC 308-19-300.
- Have an active Surety Producer License issued through the Office of Insurance Commissioner with all affiliations up to date if posting surety bonds.
- If only posting property bonds:
- Have a list of the names of each court that has given approval for the placing of property bonds.
What you'll need
A SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online.
- If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start.
- For help visit How to set up account access.
How to apply
Apply onlineApply online
Apply by mail
Send the following:
- Bail Bond Agent License Application.
- Surety insurance information
- A check or money order for the application fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).
Bail Bond Program
Department of Licensing
PO Box 35001
Seattle, WA 98124-3401
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: 360.664.6611