Exams: Court reporters
- Date and time: To be determined
- Application deadline: To be determined
Green River Community College
Main Campus, Building SH - Salish Hall
12401 SE 320th Street
Auburn, WA 98092
Map and directions (greenriver.edu)
The audio exam includes:
- A 2 minute warm-up segment (not required for transcription).
- Two 2-voice question and answer testimonies given at 200 words per minute.
- Each testimony is 7 minutes long.
- At least 1 testimony is required for transcription.
You'll be graded on a 5 minute consecutive segment of the testimony you choose to transcribe. Passing score is 95% accuracy.
- You may choose to use the computers at the test site or your own transcription equipment.
- Test site software includes Microsoft Word for Windows.
- Computer disks won't be provided.
- The computer lab will be staffed with technicians for assistance.
For veterans, military personnel, and partners
Your military experience or training might help you meet licensing requirements. You may also be able to get a temporary license if you're moving here with a current license from another state. For more information visit military assistance.
If you're a U.S. veteran, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement of your fees. For more information, visit Get paid back for test fees.
Court Reporter Examination Statistics
Get email updates
Join the Court Reporter LISTSERV to get the latest licensing updates and rule changes by email. There's no cost to subscribe. You can update your email address, view past or archived notices, and join or leave the list at any time.
Questions? Need help?