Roles and responsibilities: Architects
General areas of responsibility
A practicing architect:
- Must hold a valid license issued by the state where they provide services.
- Safeguards health, safety, property, and the public's welfare with the enhancement of both the natural and built environment.
- Develops a comprehensive package of design and construction documents, taking all aspects of the project into account and coordinating elements prepared by other design team members.
|Design area||Subjects addressed by architects|
|Building classifications and intended use|
|Building circulation and egress|
|Building structural systems||Gravity and lateral forces (wind and seismic forces)|
|Interior space planning|
|Energy, ventilation, and indoor air quality
(including environmental impacts and compliance with regulations)
Questions? Need help?
Email us: DFCcompliance@dol.wa.gov
- Preparing and sealing documents: Architects
- (law defining architect and practice of architecture)