Roles and responsibilities: Engineers
General areas of responsibility
A practicing professional engineer:
- Provides expert technical services in consultation, investigation, evaluation, project planning, project design, and design coordination.
- Reviews and manages construction to ensure compliance with design standards and specifications.
- Performs public or private work in connection with utilities, structures, buildings, machines, equipment, control systems, communication systems, transportation systems, mechanical systems, electrical systems, chemicals, or the environment to safeguard life, health, and property, and promote the public welfare.
|Design area||Subjects addressed by engineers|
|Buildings and structures|
- Professional engineer defined:
- Practice of engineering defined: