How to get your trainer endorsement
Who needs an endorsement?
Anyone who provides the instruction required to become a driver training instructor.
What you’ll need
You’ll need a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to apply online. If you don't have one, you'll be able to create one before you start. For help, visit How to set up account access.
You must also submit documentation that you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- 1000 hours of experience providing traffic safety education in the last year
- Five years of previous experience providing traffic safety education
- 1000 hours or 5 years’ experience in the field of traffic safety,
- Proof of training in how to teach and train others, and
- At least 300 hours of previous experience in training others
How to applyApply online
From your instructor dashboard, submit a “Manage Endorsement” Account Maintenance Request (AMR).
After we’ve received your request
We will review the documentation submitted to ensure that it meets the requirements. Please allow 7-10 days for processing.
Post your license
- After you’ve met all requirements, log in to print your license.
- You may also request that we print and mail you your license. You'll need to pay a $5 print fee for each mailed copy.
After receiving your new license you will need to ensure that your school has an approved Driver Training School Instructor Curriculum on file with us before you may begin training.
- Driver Training School (DTS) Instructor Curriculum
- RCW 46.82 Driver Training Schools
- WAC 308-108 Driver Training Schools
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.902.3703