How to get your license: Engineers

Each type of license or certificate has different requirements and application procedures:

Professional engineer license by exam

Meet the education and experience requirements and pass the exams.

Professional engineer license by comity

To apply for a license by comity, you must meet both the following requirements:

  • You must have your exams and professional engineer license/registration verified by the jurisdiction that issued them. This jurisdiction must:
    • Be a member of the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
    • and
    • Send the original verification directly to us as described in the application form.
  • If you passed the NCEES engineering exams outside the state of Washington, you must be currently licensed by a member board of the NCEES.

Structural engineer license

Meet the experience requirements and pass the exam.

Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website