How to get your license: Prearrangement Funeral Registration
Only a funeral establishment licensed pursuant tomay enter into prearrangement funeral service contracts.
- Prearrangement funeral registration is required if you sell funeral prearrangement contracts funded with trusts, or guaranteed prearrangement contracts funded with insurance.
- Funeral establishments must register for a prearrangement funeral license.
- Funeral establishments must comply with all provisions in and .
How to apply
Submit an application:
- to renew online.
- Submit all of the following:
- A signed prearrangement funeral registration application.
- A copy of the prearrangement funeral contract form(s).
- A copy of the trust agreement and the depository agreement if prearrangement contracts are funded with a trust.
- An explanation of how the establishment plans to offer, market and service prearrangement contracts.
- Balance sheet and profit and loss statements for most fiscal year, certified by a licensed public accountant, or a copy of the establishment's most recent federal income tax return, verified by a licensed public accountant.
- Check or money order for the application fee payable to the Department of Licensing).
All prearrangement funeral licenses expire 90 days after the end of the establishment's fiscal year. You must renew your certificate annually.
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.1555 or 360.664.6597