Things to know
ASBOG Exam Candidates
You'll need to pay 2 different fees:
- When you apply for the ASBOG exam, pay us the appropriate exam application fee (check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing). You only need to pay this fee one time for both exams.
- After you receive our approval letter to take the exam, you'll need to pay a separate fee for each exam to ASBOG.
- If you don't pay the ASBOG fee by their deadline, you won't be able to take the exam.
Specialty Exam Candidates
When you apply for a state specialty license, you'll pay us (check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing):
- The appropriate application fee.
- Specialty exam fee.
|Geologist license (includes initial license fee)||$135 (non-refundable)|
|Specialty license||$135 each (non-refundable)|
|Geologist license - reciprocity||$270 (non-refundable)|
|Specialty license - reciprocity||$203 each (non-refundable)|
|Fundamentals of geology (vendor charge)||$200|
|Practice of Geology (vendor charge)||$250|
|Specialty exams||$405 each|
|Re-examination administration fee||$88|
|Late fee if examination is scheduled less than 30 days before examination date (vendor charge)||$25|
|Manual regrade (vendor charge)||$50|
|Regrade administrative fee||$15|
|Geologist license renewal||$135|
|Geologist license late renewal (if paid 90 days or more after due date)||$270|
|Specialty license renewal||$115 each|
|Specialty license late renewal (if paid 90 days or more after due date)||$230|
|Certification of license records to other jurisdictions||$45|
|Proctor examination in another jurisdiction||$100|
|License print fee||$5|
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.1497