How to renew your license: Limousines
Things to know
- Licenses expire in 1 year.
- You can renew your license 120 days before it expires.
The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.
How to renew
What you'll need:
- Supporting documents shown below, ready for upload
- MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E–check to pay:
- BLS renewal fee
- Limousine carrier, vehicle certificate, and vehicle inspection fees (inspection fee due to Department of Licensing only if vehicles were inspected by Washington State Patrol; inspection fee is paid directly to City of Seattle if vehicle inspected by them)
Want to renew by mail?
Follow the instructions on your renewal letter. If you did not receive a renewal letter, contact Business Licensing Service at 360.705.6741. Have your Unified Business Identification (UBI) number ready.
Supporting documents for your renewal
- Inspection report for each vehicle. To schedule appointments:
- If you're adding or deleting chauffeurs,
- If you're adding vehicles:
- Vehicle registration certificates for added vehicles* – Copy for each limousine with Use Class of "F/H." See sample registration
- Updated Certificate of liability insurance* showing:
- Policy number
- Name of the insured (business owner name)
- Effective and expiration dates
- Insurance company name – Company must be approved to do business in WA
- $1,050,000 minimum combined single limit coverage
- Year, make and VIN of each car. VIN must match vehicle registration
- The certificate holder box must say:
State of Washington
Dept of Licensing
PO Box 9039
Olympia, WA 98507–9039
After you renew
After all correct documents have been received, we will send your license to the address on file within 14 business days.
Limousine carriers have important recordkeeping requirements for their business, vehicles, and chauffeurs. For more information, see Recordkeeping and business practices.
- Get prepared for wine tour season
- Vehicle certificates and decals
- Port of Seattle Notice to Limousine Carriers