Managing your license while deployed: Military assistance
You may be eligible for assistance placing a professional license on military or inactive status in Washington State if you're:
- A member of the U.S. armed forces
- A member of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
- A member of the U.S. Merchant Marines
- The spouse or registered domestic partner of any of the above.
Placing your license in military status
If you have a professional license issued by us, you can have your license placed in military status while deployed outside the state.
- Your license remains active while deployed.
- You will get courtesy renewal notifications but won't be charged a renewal fee.
To put your license into military status, please contact the program area that licenses your profession.
Spouse or registered domestic partner
How to inactivate your license
If you have a professional license issued by us, you can have your license placed on inactive status:
- If you leave Washington because your spouse or registered domestic partner is deployed.
To activate your license, please contact the program area that licenses your profession.
Questions? Need help?