How to renew your license: Real estate branch office
We will not process applications or renewals from June 19 through June 28.
Our new online Professional and Business Licensing service launches June 29. Using our new online service is the quickest way to get your license. We expect a delay in processing mailed applications and renewals.
Update your license/account online
Note: If this is your first time to access your account online, or if your last online renewal was before September 21, 2016, you must set up account access before you can perform any of the online tasks below.
- Login your firm or branch account
- The designated broker can update firm and branch information.
- The branch manager can update branch information only.
- Select Update, Add, or Remove on the row for the information you want to update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to request the update.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email. All updates take effect immediately except Add a licensee (the licensee must accept your add request before this will take effect). The table below shows if a new license will be issued.
Updates and if new license is issued
||New license issued?|
|Update firm/branch address
||Yes - firm/branch & all licensees|
|Update firm/branch email
|Add or remove a licensee
Video: How to add a licensee
|Yes - licensee|
|Add, update, or remove a controlling interest
Replace the branch manager
The steps below must be carried out by the designated broker or designee.
Note: Before you start, the new (incoming) branch manager must be on the branch licensee list. If they’re not, they must first be added. See Update your license/account above.
Login to your firm account to access the firm dashboard.
- On the Branches row, click View and update branches.
- Select the branch you want to manage from the branch list.
- At the branch dashboard, click Replace on the row for the branch manager.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the incoming branch manager.
After the transaction is complete:
- New branch manager:
- The branch manager endorsement will be added to their license.
- Outgoing branch manager:
- If they won't be working for the branch - they must separate from the branch and their managing broker license will become inactive.
- If they'll still be working for the branch - the branch manager endorsement will be removed but their managing broker license will remain active.
Update your firm name (mail only)
- Check to see if the name you want is available before submitting your name change application:
- Get firm name approval from Real Estate Regulatory by sending a brief cover letter with your name, contact information, desired firm name, and any doing business as (DBA) names by fax to 360.570.4982 or email to email@example.com. You'll receive notification within a minimum of 5-7 business days.
- If we approve it, call the Secretary of State at 360.725.0377.
- Complete a Real Estate Change of Firm Name or Add/Change DBA Name form.
- Send the completed form and any required documents to:
Real Estate Licensing
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9021
Olympia, WA 98507-9021
Questions? Need help?