School approval: Real estate educators
Who needs a school approval?
You must get approval before operating a school as the administrative body responsible for:
- Submitting real estate courses to us for approval.
- Delivering those courses under approved conditions.
- Maintaining all pertinent records.
A school must be approved before offering courses for clock hour credit. Upon approval, we'll send a certificate of school approval to the school.
How to apply for a new school
To apply for approval of a new school, submit all of the following:
- A completed Real Estate School Application with the administrator's signature.
- A copy of the publication for students described in WAC 308-124H-907: Required publication.
- The course description described in WAC 308-124H-910: Course description.
- The résumé for the school administrator, with qualifications, including past and present real estate activities.
- A check for the fee for a 2-year period (payable to the Department of Licensing).
How to renew your school approval
If there are no changes in course content or in the original course approval application for a previously approved course, submit all of the following to renew for another 2-year period:
- A completed Real Estate School Application.
- A check for the required fee (payable to the Department of Licensing).