News updates: Security guards
Bulletin defines rules for off-duty employment as a private security guard
The Off-duty Private Security Agency Work in Washington Bulletin was created by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission and the Washington Department of Licensing to:
- Educate law enforcement agencies about the laws pertaining to off-duty employment with armed private security agencies.
- Ensure that officers don't violate rules that may result in criminal penalties.
- Take proper advantage of the sworn peace officer exemption.
Please read through the bulletin carefully and send any questions or concerns to:
- Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission
Alma Perez, Public Records Officer
- Department of Licensing
Mike George, Assistant Administrator - Public Protection Services Section
- Laws and rules (new legislation and rulemaking activity)
Questions? Need help?
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us: 360.664.6611