New state-wide mandate requires masks to visit our offices. Learn more.
Appointments are required for in-person services. Schedule yours now.
Get the latest COVID guidance for businesses.

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

How to get your license: Vehicle transport and disposal

Vehicle transporter

License to transport motor vehicles in Washington.

Registered tow truck operator

License to transport, impound, or store unauthorized vehicles, or dispose of abandoned vehicles.

Registered tow truck operator branch

License for each additional vehicle storage/impound area located away from the main business location.

Hulk hauler

License to transport or sell wrecked vehicles to motor vehicle wreckers or salvage processors.


License to wreck, dismantle, disassemble, or substantially change the form of a vehicle. Also deals in second-hand vehicle parts.

Wrecker branch

License for each additional location of a vehicle wrecker in the same county.

Motor vehicle salvage processor

License to recycle salvage from wrecked vehicles.

Chatbot icon
Washington Healthcare Finder
Good To Go!
Access Washington – official state government website