How to get your license: Registered tow truck operator branch
The applicant/licensee must comply with all applicable laws and rules, even if not covered below.
Who needs a license?
Any registered tow truck operator business that operates additional vehicle storage/impound areas located away from the main business location.
- Tow trucks are registered only at the main location
- You must submit a separate application for each branch site location
Before you apply
- Ensure the branch location address is included on the certificate of insurance
- Complete section A of the
- Take the form to your local zoning authority and have them complete and sign their part of section B of the form
- Contact the Washington State Patrol (or the local Chief of Police if you are located in a city with more than 5,000 people) for an inspection of your business site before submitting your application. The inspecting official must complete and sign their part of section B of the form.
How to apply
What you'll need
- for each branch site location, ready for upload
- Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit/debit card (transaction fee charged) or bank account information for E–check to pay:
- Applicable BLS fees
- There is no fee for the branch license
Want to apply by mail?
- Complete or obtain the following:
- for each branch site location
- Mail the completed forms and supporting documents with a check/money order payable to the Department of Revenue for the BLS fees and the motor vehicle salvage processor license and plate fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507–9034