How to become a recommended Safe Driving course provider
How to qualify
Your safe driving course must meetfor us to approve it.
How to apply
- Complete the Safe Driving Course Provider Application
- Email it to us at SDCP@dol.wa.gov
- Include your course curriculum documents
What you'll need for the application
- Gather your Safe Driving course curriculum documents
- Ensure your course covers the following topics:
- Dangers associated with impaired driving including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, as well as other illicit substances
- Dangers of driving at excessive speeds
- Dangers of right-of-way violations including merging, improper turns, roundabouts, intersections
- Dangers of distracted driving
- Dangers of improper passing and following vehicles too closely
- Dangers of aggressive driving
- Dangers of fatigued driving
- Passenger safety to include child restraints and seatbelt use
- Operating around vulnerable road users
- Hazard awareness: maintenance & emergency, school zones, constructions zones, weather conditions
We’ll email you to let you know if we approved your course. Please allow at least 4 weeks for processing.
Questions? Need help?
Email us: SDCP@dol.wa.gov