Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS) plates
We're experiencing significant delays in our ability to issue personalized and specialty plates. Due to this delay, you may want to consider waiting to apply for a personalized or specialty plate. We don't have a timeline for when production delays will return to normal.
If you applied and your temporary permit is expiring soon, visit a vehicle licensing office to get a new one.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes
- What you need to do to qualify.
- Find out the cost for plates.
- Submit your documentation, application and payment.
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed.
- Renewing your plates
1. What you need to do to qualify
This plate is available to you if you're a WA state vehicle owner and have an Affiliate Radio License authorized by Department of Defense.
2. Find out the cost for plates
Save money. If your tabs expire in 6 months or less, save money by getting your new plates and tabs at the same time.
3. Submit your documentation, application and payment
Contact a vehicle licensing office to find out the total cost of your plates.
Mail a copy of your Affiliate Radio License, Military License Plate Application and payment.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
- Online: www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo/
- By phone: 866.936.8246
5. Renewing your plates
There's no yearly plate fee for MARS plates, but you'll need to renew the vehicle registration and tabs every year.