The Evergreen State College plates
Starting January 1, 2023, vehicle registrations allow the removal of your address. New registrations have your address located on the bottom. There's a dotted line showing where to cut it. This is optional and intended to provide address privacy in case of theft.
- Decide what you'd like to have on your plate.
- Find out the initial cost for plates.
- Submit your payment and application.
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed.
- Renew your plates yearly.
1. Decide what you'd like to have on your plate
You must be a WA state vehicle owner, to get these plates.
If you want your special design plates:
- To get the next available number, continue to step 3. Submit your payment and application.
- To have it personalized, see Get personalized plates.
Note: These plates are flat — they don't have raised characters.
Note: These plates are not available for trailers.
2. Find out the initial cost for plates
Save money when renewing your tabs early and getting new personalized or specialty plates
If your tabs expire in 6 months or less, you can save money by getting your new plates and tabs at the same time. By renewing early, you won't have to pay the following plate renewal fees the first year:
- $30 for specialty plates
- $42 for personalized plates
Note: $28 of fees go to support The Evergreen State College.
3. Submit your payment and application
To find out the total cost of your plates, contact a vehicle licensing office.
Mail your payment and Specialty License Plate Application to the address on the form.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:
- By phone: 866.936.8246
5. Renew your plates yearly
You must renew your plates every year.