Medical waivers: CDL
How to apply for an intrastate medical waiver
- After your the physician has completed the following forms:
- These forms must be submited to us by:
- We’ll get back to you by mail, to the address we have on record, within 2 weeks.
What if I no longer require an intrastate medical waiver or federal medical exemption?
Notify us by submitting a new Medical Examiner’s Certificate that shows you’re cleared from having any disqualifying medical conditions.
We’ll get back to you by mail, to the address we have on record, within 2 weeks.
How to apply for a federal medical exemption
These exemptions are processed by FMCSA Medical Programs for:
- Missing or impaired use of a foot, leg, hand, or arm
- Monocular vision or insulin dependence
Questions? Need help?
|For questions about
|If your medical condition(s) is qualifying or disqualifying and if you can obtain an intrastate or interstate medical waiver for the condition.
||Certified physician completing the Medial Examination Report
|If your intrastate medical waiver has been processed
|Concerns about the Medical Examination Report and Medical Examiners certificate.
- Application for an interstate exemption or Skills performance evaluation.
- Certified physician on the National Registry.
|National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners