Change your name: Driver licenses and ID cards
If you’ve officially changed your name and want it on your driver license, visit a driver licensing office and bring:
- Payment for the fee.
- Proof of identity:
- A stand-alone document with your new name on it.
- One of the following documents:
- Marriage certificate or license (filed and certified by the court, not the original keepsake document)
- Court order (filed and certified by the court)
- Divorce decree (filed and certified by the court)
- Original birth certificate.
- Other court or legal actions filed and/or registered with the responsible governmental agency of the recording country, province, state, county, or city
Don’t forget to update your…
You may also need to change your name on your vehicle registration. Updating your name on your driver license doesn’t automatically change your name on your vehicle registration.
Good To Go! account
If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation: