Through LX you can securely:
- Manage your Driver's license, ID, Enhanced driver's license, and Enhanced ID, including
- Purchase your driving record
- Complete business transactions for your firm, shop, or agency
- Use it for your vehicle transactions
Set up your free account. There's nothing to download.
Join now! Already joined? Login
License eXpress for individuals
With LX for individuals you can renew or replace your:
- Tabs and decals for your vehicles, boats and trailers
- Driver license or Enhanced driver license (you must use LX to complete driver license transactions online)
- ID card or Enhanced ID card
Stay up-to-date by knowing when:
- Your tab or decal renewal is due
- Your driver license or ID card expires
How is it different?
- License eXpress pre-fills your personal information - this saves you time when you renew or use other services within LX.
- Quickly create a list of all the vehicles you own and see at a glance when they're due for renewal.
- If you sell a vehicle, you can report it sold and see when the new owner transfers the title into their name. (Just leave the vehicle in your list until you're no longer shown as the registered owner.)
- You can look up your license plate or VIN anytime by logging in to your LX account.
- Easily see all the addresses we have on file and update them when you need to.
- You get a customized list of what you need to renew and when.
More features we offer in LX
- Find out how much your tabs will cost before renewing.
- Purchase your drive record.
- Replace your driver license or ID card, if you've lost or misplaced it.
- Sign up, update, or remove your email renewal reminders we send you for your vehicle or boat.
Are you getting your first Washington license?
Use our online Pre-apply service to start the process. Fill out some basic information, then come into an office to complete the process.
License eXpress for business
With LX for Business you can securely conduct business with DOL.
Log in or
join now to:
- Get e-permits: Issue, revoke, reprint and extend dealer permits electronically (dealers)
- Report abandoned vehicles your business has towed and affidavits of sale (tow truck operators)
- Report vehicles in your wrecking yard's inventory (wreckers)
- Report vehicles received and demolished (Vehicle scrap processors)
- Declare vehicles a total loss (Insurance company)
- Look up a plate or vessel (formerly IVIPS)
- Manage your driver training school
- Manage your vehicle fleet
- Renew your business license
It's safe and secure!
We understand how important it is to protect your information.
Like all our other online services, LX is safe and secure.
Questions? Need help?