Learn the current laws and rules for driver licensing, and view rulemaking activity.
List of rulemaking activity
Rulemaking is how we create or change rules. See the latest rulemaking for driver licensing.
Current laws and rules
- Driver license and ID card laws (RCW 46.20)
- Motor vehicle laws (RCW 46)
- Department of Licensing rules and regulations (WAC 308)
Explanation of abbreviations
- RCW—Revised Code of Washington (Washington laws)
- WAC—Washington Administrative Code (Washington agency regulations)
If you'd like to sign up to receive information about these rules, email us at RulesCoordinator@dol.wa.gov.